The newest fad in the blogsphere is "tag, you're it". DonXml tagged me, and now I have to tell you all five things about myself that you did not already know. I also have to tag five other people.
Ok, let me think ....
1) In high school, I played in a Progressive Rock copy band called Heresy. We performed songs by Gentle Giant, King Crimson, ELP, and others. The keyboard player was a rich kid from Baldwin, Long Island, who had every keyboard ever made.
2) I was a huge pro wrestling fan when I was a kid. I used to get ringside passes to the old Sunnyside Gardens in Queens, and take photos of wrestlers like Pedro Morales, Chief Jay Strongbow, Haystacks Calhoun, etc. I was also a writer for a little wrestling newsletter put out by a guy named David Meltzer ... now Meltzer is probably the best known journalist in pro wrestling.
3) In college, I was the winner of the annual concerto competition, and I played the Mayazumi Conceto for Marimba and Orchestra with the SUNY Albany Symphony Orchestra.
4) My father was good friends with Dave Kamansky. Dave was the ex-CEO of Merrill Lynch, and presided over Merrill in the go-go 90's. My father and Dave worked together in the Forest Hills branch of Merrill Lynch in the 70's, and Dave was part of my dad's pinochle group. So, every few weeks, Dave would come over to our apartment for the big pinochle game.
5) I was classmates with the actor, Tim Robbins. A better of acquaintance of mine was Stacey Nelkin, who was the female lead in Halloween III, and was a former girlfriend of Woody Allen.
Now, I need to tag 5 people. They will be:
©2007 Marc Adler - All Rights Reserved