Thursday, September 24, 2009

Review of the Rock In Opposition Music Festival

For those wondering what I am doing on my gardening leave, I am putting some effort into my other blog. Just returned from 5 days in Europe. Now I have to concentrate on reworking the lighting in my house.

Thanks to all of the people who have written to me since I announced my resignation.

Over the next few days, I actually might write a little blog post here on some of the lessons that were learned in running the Complex Event Processing group at Citi. I have some pretty strong opinions about the state of commercial CEP technology, but would you expect anything else????

Meanwhile, I am so stoked to be joining my new company. I kept myself busy for a little while with the constant twiddling and refactoring of my Facebook Notifier. My son tells me that I can make a fortune by selling it, as it seems to be something that is badly needed by PC users. But, with my new job, I will not have any time to enhance it and support it. I ran a software company for 10 years, and I don't know if I will ever be releasing another piece of commercial software again. Just too much hassle right now.


©2009 Marc Adler - All Rights Reserved.
All opinions here are personal, and have no relation to my employer.

No comments: