A colleague of mine will shortly be looking to hire a great .NET developer as a full-time employee. I am putting out this job req for them, in case you know anyone who is looking to make a switch in the next few weeks. This is a good group to work. The manager is very technical, and gives the developers a chance to play with the latest technology.
Please send all responses and resumes to me, and I will pass it on to him.
We are seeking highly motivated candidates to create and deliver technology solutions and support for the XXXX business area. The new hire will join a “ground floor” opportunity, working with business clients, offering creative solutions to their needs, and implementing them.
The current technical platform includes C#/.NET, WinForms, ASP.NET, SQL Server 2005, Microsoft Business
Intelligence (Integration, Reporting, & Analysis Services), SharePoint, and Visual C++. A “Road Map” outlining a series of potential projects has recently been presented to senior business clients and has been well-received – the door is wide open for Technology to create the IT Work Slate for 2008, deliver on these commitments, and make a large positive impact on the XXXXX business’ bottom line revenue.
Job Responsibilities include:
- Key development on critical .NET-based projects
- Working on all aspects of these projects, including front end work in WinForms and ASP.NET as well as backend database work in SQL Server 2005
- Support and minor enhancements of the existing Visual C++ application until the new product is fully launched
- Balancing fast time to market (client delivery) with proper Governance, Compliance, and Audit mandates
- Fostering close relationships with other teams in XXXX Technology and throughout the Technology organization
- Strong C#/.NET development skills
- Experience with data-driven .NET projects
- Comfortable with data binding techniques in ASP.Net
- Comfortable with data binding techniques in WinForms
- Experience or interest in Agile development (Scrum, XP, etc)
- Strong team player, collaborative
- Persistence - ability to get things done
- Worked in an investment banking environment
- MS SQL Server 2005
- Familiarity with Visual C++ a plus
- Interest and ability to work with new technologies - Powershell, WPF*, WCF