We met with the good folks from CorAleri yesterday in order to get an update on their post-merger roadmap. Some of the presentation was under NDA, but all in all, things seem to be falling in a fairly predictable path.
Here are the highlights:
1) Merger going well. The dev teams from New Jersey and California have drank the mutual KoolAid. Nice to see Jon and Bob sitting next to each other, doing the photo-op. Seriously, its great to see two of the nicest companies join forces.
2) CCL with Splash is the new language.
3) Work is going on towards a new Eclipse-based IDE.
4) There will be a new engine that incorporates the best of both engines. Aleri is very committed to keeping low latency a big priority.
5) Support for debugging and profiling.
6) Most likely will use the Aleri adapters.
7) The Coral8 engine can now use Aleri's LiveOLAP, and the Aleri engine can now use the Coral8 Portal.
Some of this was announced publicly already by CorAleri, some of these are things that were requested by customers. Basically, no surprises ... just a clear roadmap for consolidation and evolution.
©2009 Marc Adler - All Rights Reserved.
All opinions here are personal, and have no relation to my employer.