Saturday, December 29, 2007

Kudos to Streambase Support

Thanks to Steve Barber and some of the other members of the Streambase tech support team. I could not get an out-of-process, .NET-based adapter to communicate with the Streambase engine on my laptop, although it worked fine on my office machine.

The Streambase people worked during the slow holiday season to diagnose the problem. It was caused by a DLL called BMNET.DLL that was installed by my Cingular/ATT Communications Manager. I have a Cingular broadband card that I use to connect to the internet when I am on the road and don't have a free wireless connection to tap into. BMNET.DLL provides data acceleration to the Internet.

Microsoft references this problem here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/910435



©2007 Marc Adler - All Rights Reserved

No comments: